The Aztecs were Mesoamerican culture. In fact, Aztecs relate to the culture of the inhabitants of Central America and the Southern part of Mexico, Honduras and Nicaragua, from 1300 to 1521. The Aztecs were known for their unique culture, architecture.
In fact, human sacrifice in honor of the Aztec gods was quite common in Mesoamerican culture. They were also popular for their awe-inspiring monuments. Tourists from many parts of the world come to Mexico every year to discover and marvel at the Aztec monuments. Read and learn everything about the Aztec monuments.
The popular Aztec monuments
The Aztec Monuments mainly feature the fascinating ruins which reveal the powerful authorities ruling the country and the high technology used at the ancient times. The most important monuments are in Teotihuacan.
- The Aztec Monuments are located near the town of Aztec and the Animas River, along the Avenue of the Dead.
- Teotihuacan is the most popular city which features the Aztec ruins.
- The city is renowned as the place where men transform into gods.
- This town features two pyramids, which are the Temple of the Sun and the Temple of the Moon. They are located in the outskirts of Central Mexico City, on the Avenue of the Dead.
What are the most important Aztec monuments?
- Templo del Quetzalcoatl: The ruins are located on the East of the Avenue of the Dead Camino de los Muertos, and near the Rio San Juan River. This is the main temple of the Mexican people. The temple is surrounded by 15 ruins, three of which are behind the temple. The other ruins are located to the two sides of the temple, and in front of the temple. The Adosada Platform is located between the temple and the four ruins which are facing the temple del Quetzalcoatl. It was dedicated to the god of war and the god of rain and crops.
- Edificios Superpuestos: The monument is located on the Avenue of the Dead, just next to the Conjunto Plaza Oeste, to the north of the Rio San Juan River. Three ruins are facing the two monuments.
- Grupo Viking: If you follow northward along the Avenue of the Dead, you will see Grupo Viking. Next it is located the Teotihuacan archaeological site. The site features many other ruins.
- Las Viviendas de los Sacerdotes: This monument is located next to the Piramide del Sol, or the Pyramid of the Sun.
- The Pyramid of the Sun: This is the biggest and the most important monument in Teotihuacan. A smaller ruin is located in front of the entrance to the Pyramid; and to its right, there is the Palacio del Sol, or the Palace of the Sun.
- The Pyramid of the Moon: It is known as the Piramide de la Luna. It is the second most important monument in Teotihuacan. Three ruins are located next to its entrance, and other ruins are located in its sides.
- Palacio Quetzalpapalotl: This is the first ruin to visit if you enter the site from gate 3.
Take a tour of the Aztec monuments
The Aztec Monuments are quite fascinating in many ways. They reflect the Aztec culture, which was a fusion between the European culture and the indigenous culture. In order to discover more about the Aztec Monuments, come to Teotihuacan, Aztec, New Mexico.
Organize your trip by booking a flight online through Opodo, an online travel agency; and book your accommodation through Opodo.